Our Stuart FL personal injury law firm attorney, Tim Nies, an Army Ranger veteran, has been an injury lawyer for over 21 years. Attorney Christian Van Riper is a former prosecutor and a lifelong resident of Stuart, Florida. As a former insurance company lawyer, Tim Nies, knows the insurance company playbook. He will outwork the insurance company lawyers in his fight for justice for his injured clients. As a former prosecutor, Christian Van Riper, has brought negligent and intoxicated drivers involved in DUI-related accidents to justice. Call for free Stuart FL personal injury lawyer advice day or night. It is important to retain a lawyer who is not afraid to take the negligent party and the insurance company’s lawyers to trial.
This article discusses what to expect at your free consultation with a Stuart, FL personal injury lawyer.
TALK TO YOUR ATTORNEY ABOUT THE INCIDENT IN DETAIL AND DO NOT LEAVE OUT ANY DETAILS
It is important that you review with your lawyer in detail what happened in the incident, what caused your injury, and other details of the accident, such as names of witnesses, whether you have photographs of the scene of your injury, as well as a history of the medical care you have received, if any, to date.
TAKE WITH YOU ALL THE EVIDENCE YOU HAVE REGARDING THE INCIDENT AND YOUR INJURIES
Personal injury cases center on the evidence that will be presented to a jury. Your Stuart, FL personal injury lawyer will need to prove that another caused your injury and that you sustained damages.
You should bring with your to your initial consultation with your Stuart personal injury lawyer the following, if available.
- Accident reports, if available, and if you were injured in an auto accident or motorcycle accident in Stuart, Florida. Accident reports are not admissible in cases, however, the reports contain useful information, such as the specific location of the crash, the location of the crash, the time of the crash, and the identification of witnesses.
- Photographs and videos of the crash scene, as well as photographs and videos of the scene and damage to your motor vehicle, or motorycle, and other vehicles involved in the crash as well as photographs of your injuries. If you were injured in a slip and fall accident, bring any photographs taken of the location where yo fell.
- ER and all other Medical records, including reports, referrals, bills, admission records, discharge instructions, prescriptions for medication, x-ray and MRI reports, and any other records of treatment you’ve received due to the crash.
- Names and addresses of other medical providers who have treated you in the past 10 years. The insurance company lawyers will get this information, so it is important that your Stuart personal injury lawyer obtain these records first.
- Pay slips, employment contracts, W-2s, and other income verification so your Stuart, Florida personal injury attorney can calculate your loss of wages due to time lost due to your injury.
- Names and telephone numbers for witnesses to the incident, including either people who saw the incident, or crash, or others who may have information regarding the incident that caused your injuries. and contact information for witnesses. Your personal injury lawyer will contact these attorneys early to take statements that may help your case.
- A copy of your automobile and homeowners’ insurance policies and any other insurance information. If you do not have your actual policy, oftentimes you may obtain this online, or by requesting them from your insurance companies.
- Any correspondence you may have received from an insurance company, whether your own or the at-fault party’s insurance company.
Now, these records are important, however, do not delay meeting with a personal injury lawyer if you do not have all of these records. A skilled lawyer will want to visit the scene of the accident and inspect the damaged property early.
The initial consultation is important because crucial evidence should be obtained early. You also need to decide on hiring an attorney who may have an incredible impact on your life. Some of the questions you should ask your Stuart personal injury lawyer:
- Have you handled similar personal injury cases?
- How long have you been a personal injury lawyer?
- When I call, will I be able to speak with you directly?
- Will I be able to speak with you after hours?
- What is the role of the paralegals at your firm?
- Please review your experience in handling personal injury cases.
- What is the timeline of my case?
- What can I expect to happen?
- Will the insurance company lawyers take my deposition?
- What are the problems you may see with my case?
- Who in the law firm will be handling my case?
- How will your fees and costs be paid?
For free Stuart FL personal injury lawyer advice, contact either Tim Nies or Christian Van Riper at 772-283-8712. If you cannot make it or it is too painful to travel to our office, our Stuart personal injury and auto accident law attorneys will meet you at your home to discuss your personal injury law claim. Areas we service from our Stuart, FL personal injury law office: Stuart, Juno Beach, Hobe Sound, Jensen Beach, Port St. Lucie, Palm City, Port Salerno, Sewall’s Point, Port St. Lucie, Fort Pierce, and Vero Beach. Tim is also an experienced maritime injury attorney. He litigates cases of boating accidents, Waverunner accidents, and cruise ship injuries. He also represents Longshoremen in cases filed under the Longshore and Harbor Workers’ Compensation Act and inured workers in Defense Base Act claims.